This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don´t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back to Katherine - Albury to Roxby Downs


Following the wedding it was packing up time again and in the car for the long trip back up to the Territory. We did some big kilometres the first couple of days, stopping in a national park just past Mildura on the first night next to the Murray (I felt at home).

Thankfully we planned a few days with old friend Claire in Roxby Downs, SA. Roxby was basically created due to the mine and we were impressed that it has pretty much everything you need… including a better gym and aquatic centre than Katherine. We visited the old mining town of Andamooka, a strange little place, but quirky, as well as Lake Torrens, I think the second largest salt lake in Australia and Lake Mary, which has had water in it for about 12 months. Claire and I also had to make the most of our matching cars....


Great to catch up with Claire who I hadn’t seen for 2 years, and her partner Sam. Both work in the mine as mining engineers but are looking to move on in the near future… not the worst place to live though.. isolated but tolerable!!


Next it was onto Coober Pedy….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home