This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don“t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Iberic ruins





Okay, my photos don't do it much justice but bear with me! This is the Iberic city Puig de Sant Andreu de Ullastret, which I found is about 10 minutes drive from our place. Apparently it was home to an Iberic tribe called Indiketas and dates back to a few hundred years B.C. Quite amazing how 'developed' they were with a silo-like storage system for grain, drainage systems and cisterns. They are still excavating away as the area is 3 hectares or something so they have a bit more work to do! Just pretty impressive that it's all still there, especially the bigs murallas (walls).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home