Ben Harper!!
Well, this is a story...
So I bought the tickets to Ben Harper in June and the concert was in October. I had bought three tickets for me, Marc and Marc's friend Dani, a huge Ben Harper fan...
So this was the first week of my job and I realised once I had received my timetable that I teach until 9pm on Friday nights. I checked my ticket and realised Ben started at 9:15!! Nooooooo!!
I went to my boss and exaplined the situation but although she was sympathetic she explained that as it was my first lesson with these students it was pretty poor form not to turn up.
So with that plan failing, I got to thinking how I would actually get myself to te concert... I had to accept I was going to be late or just really hope that they started late.... in the end, I made the somewhat crazy, expensive but most sensible decision, to catch a taxi.... it meant I wouldn't have to find a park, I would get there in a reasonable amount of time (the train would have taken a good hour)... and in theory taxi drivers know where well known buildings are! Well, I soon found out this was not the case!!
I had rung in advance to the taxi would be waiting for me after the class. It was on time and as I got in I told the driver to put his foot on it cos Ben was waiting for me!! We made really good time to Barcelona, less than 20 minutes, but then the tax driver confessed he didn't know exactly where the Olympic Stadium was. I thought perhaps he would ring headquarters to get directions, or that he would have GPS...but no, we were pulling over asking people for directions!! We asked at least 6 people and I was quickly losing patience... and Ben!
Fiiiiinally we arrived after driving around for 40 minutes and as we pulled up the driver had the hide to charge me the full amount. Although I didn't have the Spanish to tell him what I thought of that, my glaring look must have given him enough to reduce the charge by €5... lucky!! So I tore up the steps and found they weren't letting anymore people into the ground section... sadly I made my way upstairs and sat up the top alone, staring down at Ben and wondering how close Marc and Dani were to the action....
But despite everything, I only missed the first 5 minutes and he was great. The photos are not great, but one song is Diamonds on the Inside, and the other is.. She's Only Happy in the Sun.... aaaaahhh...bliss!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home