This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don´t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

La Mercé






This is the 'Fiesta Mayor' or Major Party of Barcelona. I was keen to see the castellers so we managed to squeeze through and take some pics. It is truly amazing to watch, except I don't think it's good for my blood pressure... until the little kid on top has reached the bottom I am white knuckled!!

This day we did see a castle fall... the little kid was obviously pretty nervous and tried to scramble down so quickly she unbalanced everyone else and down they came.... apparently no injuries though!!

The giant puppets are from different 'suburbs' of Barcelona... they usually live in the city halls of each suburb and are brought out for the Fiestas....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home