Around the traps



These are just some pics from around home. The mountain I affectionately call 'Boob Mountain'- you may have to click on it to get a closer look, but there is a castle on the right ridge which from a distance looks like a nipple... the locals actually call it 'The Woman' or something like that... with her long hair out the back. Others also call it 'The Bishop', with his mitre and the castle being the ring on his hand. Boring!! I got the sunflowers just in time as they're wilting now... there are fields and fields of them around home, assumedly for sunflower oil production. They are known in Spanish as 'girasol' which means 'turn sun'.
Everything is pretty dry. I think it has rained a total of four times since I arrived in Feb. So you guys aren't the only ones in drought! Anyway, no pics from the weekend just past as we spent it clearing up Marc's flat in Barcelona to get it ready for renting.... hasta luego!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home