This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don“t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Monday, June 18, 2007

Roma outside

I had to divide the photos from Rome into outside and inside photos because there were too many to choose from!!
Here we have me outside the Vatican, Marc with the Castello de San Miguel, the inside of the Colosseum (with the undergroud area for the animals exposed), the Forum and Trevi Fountain.
HIGHLIGHTS: finding out through our expert eavesdropping that an underground passage was discovered between the Pope's place and the house of the Vestal Virgins (who guarded the eternal flame). Watching a man fishing by the river at the point of the waterfallish bit and pulling out fish after fish after fish!! Walking around all the ruins saying "tot trencat", which is Catalan for "all broken". When Marc's grandmother visited a few years ago that's all she said the whole time...not a big fan of old things...
LOWLIGHTS: waiting for about two hours to get into the Sistine Chapel; the smell (I thought Barcelona was bad!!), and we couldn't eat any pasta, icecream or pizza (long story).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home