This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don´t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Have breakfast, jump out of a plane, go to work.




Yup, I did it. So it was Marc’s birthday on the 17th of Feb and I had planned a surprise tandem skydive for him on the Costa Brava. We drove upto Empuriabrava on the Sunday night as I had booked the jump for the Monday morning. It wasn’t until then that Marc realised what was going to happen so he had the rest of the night to get nervous! The next morning while we were eating breakfast Marc told me he would like to share the experience with me and would I jump too?? After making a few lame excuses we went to ask and it was no problem!! So 20 minutes after agreeing I found myself sitting on the lap of a Brazilian guy about to jump out of a plane! I was so calm, almost too calm as we ascended to whatever height we jumped from… it wasn’t until I saw Marc go out that my heart did a little jump… then for half a second as we jumped out it was that feeling you have when you go really high on a swing… but then it was just indescribable… it didn’t feel like I was dropping hundreds of metres through the air… just felt like I was flying and it was particularly windy!! It was just… awesome. Looking out at the sea one way, then the snow capped Pyrenees in the other direction… it was a shame it was so short lived!! I can understand how people get addicted to it…it’s such a rush!! Unfortunately our money tree isn’t too healthy so I don’t think it will become a regular pastime! You have to do it once though… thinking about it today I felt more scared than when I actually did it!!


We don't have photos of the jump because it was going to cost us 100€ more and we're tight so we had to do with post jump photos with parachutes in the background...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home