This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don´t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kata Tjuta



I have to say I think Kata Tjuta had more of an impact on me than Uluru. It had definitely been kept more of a secret so maybe the mystery is what intrigued me. Marc and I thought that perhaps the Anangu people had just decided to let the tourists have Uluru and keep the other places under wraps…


We timed our walk perfectly, late afternoon, not too hot, and few tourists. By the time we got back it was nearly sunset and we found a place all by ourselves to watch the colours change as the sun lowered below the horizon…purple!

Kata Tjuta is a men’s ceremonial site and none of the stories are publicly available due to their sacred nature… you have to have gone through men’s ceremony to be told the stories… all of the stories at Uluru are the children’s stories… there is so much we don’t know and never will!! I don’t mind though, I think that is important…. Just spectacular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home