Day 3 of Agony...I mean hike
Nothing like a 1km altitude descent to make you more aware than you already were of your heel encompassing blisters!! Bring it on I say!! Yeah well slowly but surely we made it down to the bottom, where we waited to catch the cable back up to finish our trek back to the car.Great views, again a little hairy as the rocks were quite loose and it was a fair way to fall... yes i did consider my funeral a few times.
The walk back from the cable was relatively smooth and easy in comparison so the boots went off and the thongs went on... i don't think i've ever walked 12km in a pair of cheap crap thailandian thongs with a pack on my back... an experience!!
Nah, i'm exaggerating, it wasn't too bad, a beautiful scenery once again. The route we walked was apparently the one that the Christians took during the Inquisition to get to the Arabs(??)... we thought it would have been easy as the Arabs would have been hiding behind a big rock together trying to get out of the wind! It was blowing a gale!!
I can't even remember where we stayed that night, I think we camped somewhere random...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home