This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don“t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Trip 2008-2009: Agra

Agra is home to one of the most amazing pieces of architecture in the world. The Taj Mahal is beautiful, breathtaking and just Wow. But Agra is a bloody hole.

Having already been to Agra on my previous trip to India I wasn't super excited about returning but I thought Marc shouldn't be denied seeing the Taj in all it's glory. What a sacrifice!!

We seemed to be on a bit of a 'crap food, dodgy towns' run at this stage, and Agra was a continuation. Although we found a cheap and friendly place, the food was woeful, and we were realyl hungry for some good tucker by this stage!!

Weaving our way through filth, smell, noise, traffic fumes, we arrived at Agra Fort. It is beautiful, just as I remember it. Then it was onto the Taj... it didn't disappoint. Last time there was a heap of scaffolding in the front but this day it was scaffolding free and beautiful as ever.

We had fun with some of the locals who were asking to have photos with us, asking for 100 rupees for our trouble and having a giggle at their shocked faces, as we attempted to haggle with them, bargaining down to 20 rupees still without a nibble. Lots of laughs.

Great to revisit the monuments, better, to get the hell out of Agra though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home