This a running account of life in Spain (and wherever I find myself in the future), that will hopefully be more fun for you than reading my bulk emails... it will allow for a bit more detail and a bit more interest You can also post comments if you like...or email me, I don“t mind!! It's a bit of an ancient blogging site so please bear with the formatting. Also, look down the right hand side for archived posts... have fun!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Trip 2008-2009: Khajuraho to Agra





The day we left Khajuraho was our 4th anniversary and I had seen a flash place (palace actually) in Orrcha, our next destination that I thought would be a good place to stay for the occasion ($40 a night, expensive!).

So we finally got on a bus to our next destination which went for 4-5 hours, sharing 1.5 seats between the two of us. Lucky we like each other! It became dark and we were told that to get to Orrcha we would have to get off the bus in the middle of nowhere and try to get a rickshaw the remaining 11km there... it was late and we were worried that we would get stuck there and not be able to get in, so made an executive decision to press onto Jhansi and visit Orrcha the following day.

Jhansi: is a complete hole of a place. After finally negotiating a room, which was filthy, smelly, noisy, and had no view, we thought we would make the most of the situation and have a fun room service meal as we were starving and exhausted.

The food was the worst yet, I couldn't eat it even though I was ravenous and our 'waiter' kept trying to walk into the room without knocking (lucky we locked the door). I couldn't wait to get out of there. We had to laugh though, our previous anniversary was spent in the boot of the car at Katherine Gorge watching a storm roll in and a branch fell on the car... is this a hint???

Orrcha was okay, the buildings weren't very well maintained, but there were a heap of weddings going on (auspicious dates) so we checked a few of the celebrations out and wandered around before catching a rickshaw back to Jhansi for 10 rupees with about 15 other people... bargain!! The it was onto Agra, I think we caught the train, can't remember! Out of the frying pan into the fire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home